Fri, Sep 10|
Friday Night Mala Making
Join us Friday night for Mala Making together!!!
Time & Location
Sep 10, 2021, 7:30 PM – 10:00 PM
KZ's Home, 4260 Lomo Del Sur, La Mesa, CA 91941, USA
About the Event
Let's learn and make a Prayer Mala necklace together. Please bring your own supply listed below. You are welcome to bring extra to share or sell to the ones that might want them. KZ will have extras beads & string to make a tassle. She will also provide some snacks, drinks, glue and scissors . Donation based gathering.
Supplies to bring:
- 108 beads in 6 mm or 8 mm sizeUse a bead with a hole size of 0.8 to 1 mm
- 5 feet of 1 mm waxed cotton or hemp cordFor shorter malas, use a shorter amount of cord Waxed cotton or hemp will ensure a strong and durable mala
- 1 guru bead - A guru bead can be a large bead, charm, or anything with a hole large enough so that two pieces of your cord can fit through successfully
- 1 tassel - Be creative with your tassel; it can be made of a variety of different materials including silk, cotton, horse hair, or even leather
- Tweezers or small round nose pliers
Suggestions on where to buy your supplies:
Lost Cities Beads in Old Town (2802 Juan St, unit 14)